ObjectivesThe specific outcomes of the sub regional training are to:
1. promote the ILO as a key player during -disaster planning and response in the Pacific, including strengthening employer organisations to support SME’s;
2. Review the Disaster Resilience and Preparedness tool for SME’s developed by ILO:
3. enhance the capacities of government and ILO social partners in the Pacific to mainstream decent work practices during disaster response, recovery and preparedness;
4. identify together with constituents and stakeholders from disaster-affected pacific island countries good practices as well as opportunities for further improvements for pre and post disaster actions in the Pacific.
The sub regional technical training programme is primarily directed at ILO constituents and other stakeholders from Pacific islands countries that were recently hit by a major disaster, i.e. representatives of national and local Government entities (Ministry of Labour, Ministry of National Planning and Public Works, Commerce) as well as selected representatives from employer and workers organisations.
Learning OutcomesAfter having attended the sub regional training, participants will be able to:
- appreciate the role of the ILO and its partners in pre and post-disaster action in the pacific,
- understand the PDNA process as well as key PDNA concepts such as damages and losses, recovery needs, sectorial divisions, etc.,
- apprehend the ILO’s tools and strategies to provide emergency employment and recovery programmes as well as to enhance the resilience of SME and their business practices,
- apprehend ILO’s tools on “the role of business and its organizations in building a resilient and protecting job, enterprise and livelihood.
- identify future disaster risk scenarios in the pacific and appropriate disaster risk reduction initiatives.
This training combines expert input with applied learning methodologies. Participants will be exposed to variety of learning methods, including expert presentations, group-work, case studies and study visits, to ensure a high-quality learning experience.