The ILO has established a Global Programme on Skills and Lifelong Learning (GPSL3) to deliver on these expectations. The GPSL3 serves as an operational arm of the ILO Global Technical Team on skills and lifelong learning. It works as an accelerator of the Office’s actions to reach the ILO Programme & Budget Outcome 5. It also serves as facilitator of knowledge management and innovation on skills and lifelong learning. The preparatory phase of the GPS3L started in 2021, and its full fledged version is now starting for three biennia, till 2028.
This Skills Structure Funding Dialogue (SFD) meeting will bring together like-minded development partners interested in skills and lifelong learning to:
- Reach a common understanding on the case for skills development and lifelong learning for the future of work and a human centered recovery from COVID-19;
- Take stock of advantages of pursuing tripartite approach in the area of skills development and lifelong learning, showcasing direct evidence of impact and achievements;
- Identify the long-term changes to be achieved through the Global Programme's (GPSL3) interventions for skills development and lifelong learning and the required funding;
- Share new operational and funding modalities for donors’ possible commitment and support to ILO’s work in the areas of skills development and lifelong learning at global and country level;
- Create a momentum for bilateral discussions on resource mobilization and partnerships for concrete financial commitments to the GPSL3 in 2022 and beyond.
Preliminary Agenda11:00 - 11:10: Welcoming and Introductory Remarks
The ILO’s Deputy Director-General for Field Operations and Partnerships will welcome all participants and share some introductory remarks.
11:10 - 11:40: High- level opening
In this segment, keynote speakers speak about the centrality of Skills for many social and economic outcomes, for the implementation of the Centenary Declaration and a human centred recovery and share their experience of past partnerships with ILO on skills development and LLL.
11:40 - 12:40: Partnering with ILO on skills development
The Skills and Employability Branch will present ILO’s vision and investment case for skills development and lifelong learning for the next 6 years and introduce the Global Programme on Skills and Lifelong Learning (GPSL3).
The Partnerships and Field Support Department (PARDEV) will present the ILO’s funding modalities, proposing several options for partners to channel support to the ILO’s ongoing efforts towards skills development and lifelong learning, especially through the GPSL3.
12:40 - 12:50: Comfort break
12:50 - 14:00: Parallel thematic sessions
Parallel discussions will be held on key global priorities and how skills development can contribute to achieving positive results in these areas.
- Skills for digitalisation
- Skills for social inclusion
- Skills for just transition to environmental sustainability
14:00 - 15:00: High-level round table: Partnerships on skills development and lifelong learning
In this segment, partners would discuss the various dimensions of partnerships.
15:00 - 15:30: Closing and way forward
The closing session recaps key takeaways from the meeting, “why skills, why the ILO, how can we partner”.