BackgroundThe International Labour Organization (ILO), a United Nations agency, is running a free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Quality Apprenticeships. The MOOC aims to support policy-makers and practitioners in the design and implementation of quality apprenticeships in the fast-changing world of work and to address the challenges posed by COVID-19.
The MOOC consists of a 7-week online learning course that requires only 2-4 hours of learning time per week. The course adopts a participatory and activity-oriented approach. Throughout the course, participants will go through diverse learning content and activities including interactive lessons, videos, webinars, peer-to-peer workgroups, mapping exercises and checklists. The centerpiece of the MOOC is that participants will also have the opportunity to establish a global network of policy-makers and practitioners from different countries to share experience and innovative practices.
Objective of webinarDuring the MOOC, several webinars would be organized to provide a platform for an open discussion between experts and participants in which insights, ideas and concerns are shared. This webinar will be organised on the pattern of a research symposium, taking up an in-depth case study of an emerging economy/ BRICS countries. In this manner, the webinar would benefit a number of countries around the world.
Specifically, the objectives of this webinar are:
- What are the main components of quality assurance system for apprenticeships in South Africa that ensures the labour market relevance of apprenticeship programs? In particular,
- How is the process to select occupations for apprenticeships aligned to the Labour Market needs?
- How are the social partners and other stakeholders involved in the design of curriculum?
- What are some of the assessment strategies and processes developed and implemented for apprenticeship qualifications?
- How is an apprenticeship registered, monitored and certificated within a quality apprenticeship system?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the quality assurance system?
- How the labour market relevance of apprenticeship programs be improved?
How to joint the Webinar?The webinars provide a platform for international experts to share their knowledge and experience on various topics regarding apprenticeships. Speakers and participants will be encouraged to engage in an open discussion in which knowledge, insights, innovative ideas can be shared among the international community of apprenticeship policy-makers and practitioners.
The webinar will be conducted on the ITCILO e-campus platform through webex conferencing software.
Register here: https://itcilo-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_bKOQsqG3RCqF1PtLVBfFVA