Research is a crucial area which contributes to the development of knowledge and tools couched in an enhanced understanding of labour related issues. The ILO is regarded as a global centre for technical excellence in the world of work.
In relation to PPPs, the ILO has conducted a number of research projects in collaboration with universities, think tanks, and research institutes.
Examples include studies into the Chinese electronics sector, workplace nutrition in Chile, and migrant work in the Gulf States.
Much of the ILOs publications and research can be found in the ILO's LABORDOC service.
Other key services include the following:
- ILO Social Security Inquiry
- Social Security Country Profiles
- LED Knowledge
- Labour Force Survey
- Global Database on Occupational Safety and Health Legislation
- Working Conditions Laws Database
- ILO wage calculator
- International Insitute for Labour Studies
- Skills for Employment Global Public-Private Knowledge Sharing Platform
- Child labour statistics
- EPLex - Employment protection legislation database