About the ScholarshipThe Scholarship seeks to provide women with critical soft and technical STEM-related skills, employability and leadership training coupled with targeted mentorship to help women gain quality employment and advancement opportunities in STEM-related jobs.
For 2020, the programme consists of more than 200 scholarship slots in information technology trainings for women in animation, game development, software development, web development and creative web design. The scholarship is implemented in partnership with the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA), with the support of JPMorgan.
What are the courses available?
- 3D Animation (NCIII). This TESDA training is designed to develop and to enhance the knowledge, skills, & attitudes of a 3D Animator. Students of the training will learn how to produce key drawings for animation, create 3D digital animation and to use an authoring tool to create an interactive sequence. Successful graduates of the programme can do work on 3D digital animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages. The course runs for 1,040 hours or 6.5 months.
- 2D Animation (NCIII). Students of this TESDA training will learn how to produce key drawings for animation, produce cleaned-up and in-betweened drawings, create 2D digital animation and how to use an authoring tool to create an interactive sequence. The course runs for 840 hours or more than 5 months. Successful graduates of the programme can do work on 2D animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages.
- Game Development (NCIII). Students of this TESDA training will learn skills on designing game programme logic, applying object-oriented programming language skills and applying programming skills for in-game application. The course runs for 1200 hours or 7.5 months. Successful graduates of the programme can apply for work as Game Programmer, Technical Game Designer, Game Tester, Tools Programmer, Game Play Scripter
- Web development (NTR). This TESDA training develops competencies that a person needs for work on basic programming, PHP, My SQL, and Java. This course runs for 120 hours or 3 weeks. Successful graduates of the programme can do work as web developers or database developers.
- Creative Web Design. This TESDA training gives students the proper training that will allow them to get started in the field of Web design. Students will develop design and technical skills in UI/UX, Coding (HTML5), CMS (WordPress) and Web technologies. At the end of the training, students will be equipped with their Digital portfolios and business plans ready to take on a career as Web designer, Jr Web Developer, UI/UX designer or start an entrepreneurial path as Creative Entrepreneurs. The Web Design & Development track is recommended for those with career interests in: Web design, Interface design, Web production, Webmaster, Web Media and Interaction design.
Who can Apply
- Women between 18 to 45 years old
- At least high school graduate
- With interest and passion for technology
How to ApplyInquire at the following training centers for the Women in STEM scholarship in the following cities:
Human Resource Development Institute
Courses Offered: 3D Animation and Game Development
3D Animation : Interested parties must send a Letter of Intent to Train, Ten (10) Sample Drawing and an ePortfolio Link(if applicable), and Resume with Recent Picture to :
Ms Cynthia Javier Shin J
Game Development: Interested parties must send a Letter of Intent to Train and Resume with Recent Photo with Name tag to: TESDA.HRDI.GameDev@gmail.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Numbers: 09182178647/09159676639
Top Peg Animation
Courses Offered: Animation and 2D Animation
Interested applicants may take the creative drawing exam from Mon to Sat at 1pm at Top Peg Animation Studio, #01 Jasmin Street, Manuela 1 Subdivision, Pamplona III
Las Piñas City. Send or bring resume to Rachelle at email@example.com / 0999 1439389 / 0927 8247223
MFI Polytechnic Institute
Course Offered: Web Development, Creative Web Design
Interested applicants may visit MFI Polytechnic, MFI Building, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig 1605 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or at trunk lines (+632) 6320756, (+632) 6320758 to 65 local 446 /283 /431 / 433
Swiss IT Academy
Courses Offered: Web Development, Creative Web Design
Interested applicants should submit the following requirements:
- Birth Certificate
- High School / College Diploma
- Form 138 / TOR
- Updated Resume
- Certificate of Employment (for Industry Workers)
- ID pictures 1x1, 2x2 & passport size (with collar and white background 3 pcs each
Contact Ms. Dina Villanueva at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or at contact numbers: T: +632 997 5237/ 86313776 or at mobile numbers
0939 713 8482 / 0956 518 4229
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
28 February 2020