At a glanceBeneficiaries / stakeholders
Federal Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development (OP&HRD), Provincial labour departments, other line Government departments, Workers’ and Employers’ organizations and social dialogue institutions i.e. Provincial and Federal Tripartite Consultation Committees.
All Pakistan with a focus on Balochistan
- The overall goal of the project is to contribute to the outcomes 3.1 on ‘Capacity of tripartite constituents for ILS compliance and reporting enhanced (individual and institutional)’ and outcome 3.3 on ‘Workers protected from unacceptable forms of work’ of Pakistan’s Decent Work Country Programme III (2016-2020).
- The project will support the promotion and application of ILO fundamental conventions and labour rights in Pakistan by assisting the country in meeting its obligations in terms of evidence based reporting to the ILO’s supervisory bodies i.e. Committee of Experts on the Application of Conventions and Recommendations and the Committee on the Application of Standards .
- The project will support efforts to strengthen institutional and administrative capacities for the effective enforcement of labour laws, guarantee fundamental rights at work and enhance social dialogue.
- Awareness-raising and training on the content of selected fundamental International Labour Standards (ILS).
- Research to generate information on the status of implementation of ILS, including legislative gap analyses, advice on elements that will enable tripartite constituents to take the relevant decisions aiming at full implementation.
- Legal advice on the revision or drafting of legislation and regulations in the light of the supervisory bodies’ comments.
- Strengthening of data collection and reporting capacity of tripartite constituents including the capacity of using the systemic approach to managing ILS constitutional obligations.
- Publication/adaptation of thematic materials on the implementation of the relevant ILS.
- Improved capacity of provincial government ( with a focus on Baluchistan) to enact and enforce ILS compliant labour legislation ;
- Analytical and evidence based initiatives guide the effective elimination of child labour and forced labour
- Improved social dialogue through promotion of freedom of association and collective Bargaining