The ILO is organizing the first technical tripartite webinar on the importance of the ratification and effective implementation of the Employment Service Convention, 1948, (No.88) and the Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997, (No. 181). This interactive webinar aims to increase visibility and stress the relevance of these Conventions in supporting policies and institutions for well-functioning labour markets, matching workers with jobs and promoting the acquisition of skills for employability.
The webinar will feature presentations on how the normative frameworks promoted by the Conventions can ensure effective employment services by both public employment services and private employment agencies, as well as experiences and lessons learned from ILO member States that have ratified one or both conventions.
Representatives from governments in these countries and from the Workers’ and Employers’ Groups of the ILO Governing Body will share lessons learned and the impact of these ratifications (and their implementation) on national labour markets.
Participants who register to attend will have the opportunity to ask the panellists questions.
The webinar will take place on 12 May 10:00 – 12:00CEST, via Zoom conference platform.
To learn more about the webinar, read the news story.
Preliminary agenda (CEST timezone)
10h00 – 10h15: Welcome RemarksSpeakers:
- Mr. Sangheon Lee, Director, ILO Employment Policy Department
- Ms. Corinne Vargha, Director, ILO NORMES
10h17 – 10h25: Presentation of the campaign objectives and strategySpeaker:
- Mr. Michael Mwasikakata, Head, Labour Market Services for Transitions Unit, ILO - Presentation
10h25 – 11h40: Country experiences on ratification and labour market impactSpeakers:
- Government Representatives
- France: Mrs. Ivane Squelbut, Directrice de Partenariats et de la Territorialisation of France - Presentation
- Japan: Mr. Ryo Takahashi, Deputy Director, Employment Security Bureau, Demand and Supply Adjustment Division, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare from Japan - Presentation
- Ethiopia: Mr. Dawit M. Dame, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Labour and Skill of Ethiopia
- Uruguay: Mr. Daniel Pérez, National Employment Director, Ministry of Labour and Social Security of Uruguay
- Workers and Employers discussants
- Workers Group (15 minutes)
- Employers Group (15 minutes)
- Mrs. Maria Paz Anzorreguy, Director for ILO Coordination from the International Organisation of Employers
- Mr. Denis Pennel, Executive Director of the World Employment Confederation