This project equips the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in Saudi Arabia with the capacity to undertake complex analysis of the effects of economic and policy changes on the national labour market as well as to devise polices and influence the preparation of national policies that are in the best interests of the country.
- Improve the capacity of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs to engage in substantive policy dialogue with the government’s key economic ministries and agencies as well as international partners; and
- improve national policies, decrees, laws, regulations and/or rules that have either benign or stimulatory effects on the labour market.
- Consult with key stakeholders in order to achieve the project outcomes.
- Revise national employment policy and national women’s employment policy;
- contribute to a national private sector employment creation policy for women which is promulgated and adequately funded;
- contribute to a national private sector employment creation policy which is promulgated and properly funded;
- contribute to the improvement of national statistical capacity; and
- develop mathematical models that are used regularly used to predict how changes in key economic parameters, such as oil prices, affect employment.