The International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), with support from the Government of the Netherlands, will launch a financial inclusion initiative to support host communities and displaced persons in Iraq. The initiative will support young people and small, and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to access much-needed financial services that will help them start and develop their own businesses, while addressing barriers for access to decent self-employment.
An event, under the Patronage of His Excellency the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq, Mr. Mustapha Moukhif, and in the presence of the Deputy Governor, Dr. Ammar Khalaf, will be held to mark the initiative, bringing together key stakeholders and partners from across the spectrum.
A financial inclusion strategy developed by the ILO in close collaboration with CBI will be presented at the event, highlighting three key areas of interventions which will support targeted youth and businesses looking to grow or develop their businesses.
The initiative is part of efforts under the Partnership for improving prospects for forcibly displaced persons and host communities (PROSPECTS), a programme funded by the Government of the Netherlands, which brings together the ILO, the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), UNICEF and UNHCR.
Agenda of the launch
- Opening remarks by ILO: PROSPECT’s Financial Inclusion and Enterpreneurship Officer, Ms. Fadia Jradi
- Statement by the ILO’s Country Coordinator, Dr. Maha Kattaa
- Statement by the General Counsellor of the Embassy of the Netherlands, Mr. Hans Akerboom
- Statement by representative of the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Central Government, Dr. Hasan Ali Karim
- Statement by the Central Bank Second Deputy Governor, Dr. Ammar Hamad Khalaf
- Statement by the PROSPECT’s Chief Technical Advisor, Mrs. Shaza Jondi
- Statement by the Chief of the ILO’s Social Finance Programme, Mr. Craig Churchill
- Presentation of financial inclusion study, ILO’s Financial Inclusion Specialist, Mrs.Yousra Hamed
- Intervention from the floor - Questions and answers
- Closing remarks
You are encouraged to send your questions to the following email address: IRQ-ZOOM@ilo.org