9.00 Opening session
- Opening address by: Ms. Tomoko Nishimoto, ILO’s Assistant Director- General and Regional Director for Asia and the Pacific
- Keynote address by H.E. Mr. Pirkka Tapiola, Ambassador of the European Union to Thailand
- Keynote address by H.E. Police General Adul Sangsingkeo, Minister of Labour of Thailand
9.30 - 10.00 Introduction to the Responsible Supply Chains in Asia Project in Thailand
- Ms. Christine Kaufmann, Chair of the OECD Working Party on Responsible Business Conduct, OECD (via video)
- Mr. Fredy Guayacan Benitez, Programme Manager, ILO
- Ms. Chayanich Thamparipattra, National Project Coordinator for Thailand, ILO
10.30 – 12.00 Panel discussion on “Socially responsible labour practices in global supply chains”: Opportunities and challengesPolicy frameworks and relevance of socially responsible labour practices in the current context of Thailand and its role in the regional and international trade.
- Mr. Philipp Dupuis, Minister Counsellor, Head of the Trade and Economic Section, EU
- Mr. Charles Bodwell, Enterprises Development Specialist, ILO
- Mr. Vivathana Thanghong, Director General, Department of Labour Protection and Welfare, Ministry of Labour
- Mr. Ekasit Kunanantakul, President, Employers’ Confederation of Thailand
- Mr. Sawit Kaewwan, Secretary General, State Enterprises Workers’ Relations Confederation
12.00 -13.00 Lunch
13.00- 14.00 Managing decent work in supply chains: trends, practical tools and experiencesSharing main trends, good practices and practical tools for the implementation of socially responsible business practices in global supply chains.
- Ms. Nguyen Hong Ha, Head of Better Work Asia, ILO
- Ms. Aarti Kapoor, Managing Director, Embode
- Mr. Thomas Thomas, CEO of the ASEAN CSR Network
- Mr. Alex Mavro, Senior Advisor, Sustainability & Entrepreneurship Center, Sasin School of Management
14.00 - 15.30 Interactive lab: Ideation for the future of responsible supply chains and sustainable businesses practices in ThailandDynamic activity to receive insights and innovative ideas to identify joint actions with potential stakeholders in the context of the project.
Three key themes:
- Co-creating a space for policy dialogue and partnerships for sustainable business practices in Thailand
- Successful initiatives, good practices and innovation: What works?
- Public policy and global governance for the implementation of socially responsible labour practices.
15.30 – 15.45 Report back by each group discussion followed by plenary
15.45 – 16.00 Working together to achieve decent work in responsible supply chains: Steps forward (Mr. Fredy Guayacan Benitez)
16.00 Networking reception