We work with member States to respond to their employment challenges and shape a better future of work by:
- Building their capacities on the design, delivery and monitoring of gender-sensitive, youth inclusive employment policies;
- Generating global knowledge and evidence through research, diagnostics and assessments;
- Strengthening their ability to design, delivery and monitor employment services and labour market programmes for effective labour market transitions;
- Mobilising resources and partnerships to scale up action and the impact of our work.
01 September 2022
When choosing professional future, many young people, sensitive to planetary issues, would like their future job to be consistent with their convictions and help to bend the carbon curve. However, for non-specialists, the green economy is still very vague. Which careers to go to? What skills to acquire? This guide aims to provide them with answers.
26 August 2022
This paper provides an overview on the income support measures for non-covered workers implemented in response to the COVID-19 crisis, describing the collection of measures and policies in place in each selected country.
11 August 2022
Incorporating the most recent labour market information available, Global Employment Trends for Youth sets out the youth labour market situation around the world. It shows where progress has or has not been made, updates world and regional youth labour market indicators, and gives detailed analyses of trends and issues facing young people in the labour market.
24 June 2022
This policy brief tracks the sequential logic of labour market policies across a sample of countries from all world regions.
24 June 2022
This report gives an overview on actual policy responses in the area of youth employment during the COVID-19 crisis in 20 selected countries.
24 June 2022
This report provides an update on job retention policies in a sample of 20 countries representing the main world regions as well as the diverse types of job retention schemes, in particular short-time work, furlough and wage subsidy schemes as they have been implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key resources (ILO normative and policy instruments)
- Promoting employment and decent work in a changing landscape - General Survey. 2020
- ILO Centenary Declaration for the future of work, 2019
- Recommendation No. 204 concerning the Transition from the Informal to the Formal Economy. 2015
- The youth employment crisis : A call for action Resolution and conclusions of the 101st Session of the International Labour Conference, Geneva, 2012
- Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997 (No. 181)
- Employment Policy Convention, 1964 (No. 122)
- Employment Service Convention, 1948 (No. 88)