We work with member States to respond to their employment challenges and shape a better future of work by:
- Building their capacities on the design, delivery and monitoring of gender-sensitive, youth inclusive employment policies;
- Generating global knowledge and evidence through research, diagnostics and assessments;
- Strengthening their ability to design, delivery and monitor employment services and labour market programmes for effective labour market transitions;
- Mobilising resources and partnerships to scale up action and the impact of our work.
07 December 2021
This Guidelines aims to support ILO’s member States in designing and implementing integrated national employment policies. It suggests a comprehensive framework of implementation and a range of tools and methodologies which covers the whole NEPs process systematically from policy design to policy results.
Diagnostic tool and guide
23 November 2021
Running a diagnostic is an essential first step in every initiative aimed to bring about PES organizational change and improvement.
23 November 2021
This guide explains how to define an effective job search strategy. It helps you understand the job market, define your targets, create your communication tools and media, use the internet, and ultimately, successfully integrate into the new company. Intended for autonomous job seekers, it can also be used as a support tool by counsellors at employment agencies around the world.
Podcast series: Global challenges – Global solutions
22 November 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on the world of work. A new ILO brief shows that the crisis in labour markets has had an uneven impact on women. In this podcast, Valeria Esquivel, Employment Policies and Gender specialist in the Employment, Labour Market and Youth Branch of the ILO’s Employment Policy Department analyses the current challenges and what can be done to address them.
26 October 2021
The COVID-19 crisis caused unprecedented job losses, hitting women the hardest, particularly in middle-income countries. The COVID-19 recovery is proving both uneven and gender-unequal, as women’s employment recovery is lagging behind men’s.
Employment Policy Gateway: For accessing national employment policies, and youth employment strategies
19 October 2021
This video presents the ILO Employment Policy Gateway, a unique worldwide reference and source of information on national employment policies, and strategies to promote youth employment.
Key resources (ILO normative and policy instruments)
- Promoting employment and decent work in a changing landscape - General Survey. 2020
- ILO Centenary Declaration for the future of work, 2019
- Recommendation No. 204 concerning the Transition from the Informal to the Formal Economy. 2015
- The youth employment crisis : A call for action Resolution and conclusions of the 101st Session of the International Labour Conference, Geneva, 2012
- Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997 (No. 181)
- Employment Policy Convention, 1964 (No. 122)
- Employment Service Convention, 1948 (No. 88)