The project also aims to strengthen prevention and accountability for perpetrators of underage recruitment and promotes the overall protection of children from armed conflict in Myanmar including through increased engagement towards the signature of Action Plans with listed non-State Armed Groups.
- To assist with the professionalization of the Tatmadaw through preventing and protecting children from recruitment and use and strengthening protection of children from the Six Grave Violations committed against children in armed conflict including through the effective identification, registration and discharge of underage recruits from the Tatmadaw in accordance with the Joint Action Plan signed in 2012.
- To facilitate support for quality reintegration for all children and young persons released from the armed forces and groups
- Systemic identification of children currently serving in the Tatmadaw
- Verification of suspected minor cases through age assessment activities
- Support official discharge process through needs assessments
- Develop and roll-out age assessment Standard Operating Procedures
- Support for accountability processes
- Deepened engagement and dialogue with Government and non-State actors
- Strengthened capacities of Government and NGOs in the area of life skills, vocational and economic reintegration traning
- Strengthened reintegration coordination at the regional level