The Global Wage Report examines the evolution of real wages around the world, giving a unique picture of wage trends globally, by region and at country level. Over the years, the report also provided an in-depth analysis of various wage-related issues, covering topics such as wage inequality, the gender pay gap, and minimum wage systems.
On this page you will also find a note describing the methodology that is used to compute global and regional estimates of wage growth, as well as the latest country-level data on average wages in local currency units and estimates of real wage growth.
The Global Wage Reports from 2008 to date
- Global Wage Report 2022-23: The impact of COVID-19 and inflation on wages and purchasing power
- Global Wage Report 2020-21: Wages and minimum wages in the time of COVID-19
- Global Wage Report 2018-19: What lies behind gender pay gaps
- Global Wage Report 2016-17: Wage inequality in the workplace
- Global Wage Report 2014-15: Wages and income inequality
- Global Wage Report 2012-13: Wages and Equitable Growth
- Global Wage Report 2010-11: Wage policies in times of crisis
- Global Wage Report 2008-09: Minimum wages and collective bargaining: Towards policy coherence