The ILO and GALLUP together with the Japan Association for Advancement of ILO Activities invite you to the Seminar:
～Towards a Better Future for Women and Work～
Voices of Women and Men
How can we make the world of work a more gender equitable place?
In order to understand what constitutes the decent lives that women want and need, and the support of and the negotiation with men, ILO and Gallup conducted a global poll in over 140 countries to get sound, first-hand evidence - from both women and men. Join experts and practitioners for discussions, based on the data from the survey conducted globally and in Japan in 2016, to identify the challenges and opportunities in the implementation of gender policies as well as good practices for a better future for women and work in Japan.
【Date & Time】22 March 2017 (Wed.) 13：30～17：15
*Registration starts from 13:00 in front of the venue.
【Venue】 Westin Hotel Tokyo B2F Star Room
1-4-1 Mita, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
MAP: Click here.
Access: 7 min. walk from JR Ebisu Station /
10 min. walk from Ebisu Station on Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line
【Programme 】*Simultaneous Interpretation will be provided.
Global Survey Findings and Findings from Japan
Susan Maybud, Senior Gender Specialist, ILO HQ
- Masashi Ishida, Deputy Director, Equal Employment Policy Division, Equal Employment, Children and Families Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
- Yumiko Murakami, Head, OECD Tokyo Centre
Engaging Women in the Workplace
Moderator: Asako Osaki, Director, Gender Action Platform
- Hiroko Furuya, Senior Consultant, Gallup
- Hyatt Hotels
- Kumie Inoue, Executive Director, Department of Equality, Japanese Trade Union Confederation
- Joni Simpson, Senior Gender Specialist, ILO Bangkok
【Registration】: Please send your name and affiliation to
*First 200 applications will be accepted. / Free Admission