2016 ILO- Japan Consumers’ Cooperative Union (JCCU) Public Seminar: "Cooperative Activities in Africa"
The Japanese Consumers’ Co-operative Union (JCCU) and the International Labour Organization (ILO), through, its Cooperatives Unit (COOP) and ILO Office for Japan, have been exchanging information on cooperative activities on Africa and helping bring a “renaissance” of the cooperative movement in Africa.
Aiming at capacity building of the cooperative movements in Africa, the ILO-JCCU Study Tour Programme for African Cooperative Leaders started in 2010, and 28 cooperators from eight African countries have participated since then.
2016 marks the seventh year and for this year, five leaders from Niger, Kenya and Tanzania will take part in the study tour, and make a presentation at the seminar on the cooperative movement in their countries, their activities at each organization, and what they will have learnt from the Japanese cooperative activities through the study tour. We look forward to your active participation.
- Date: 13:30-16:30, Tuesday 6th September 2016
- Venue: 13th Floor Meeting Room, “COOP Plaza”, 3-29-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo JCCU Homepage: click here
- Languages: English and Japanese (with consecutive interpretation)
- Application: Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation
13:30-13:50 Opening Remarks
- Moderator: Ms Akiko Taguchi, Director, ILO Office for Japan
- Representative of JCCU on behalf of the Organizers
- Representatives of African Embassies in Japan as guests of honour
13:50-16:00 Presentations (approx.. 10-15 min each) by African Cooperators
- Mr. Amza Tahirou, CEO, Federation of vegetable cooperatives in Niger (La Fédération des coopératives maraîchères du Niger (FCMN), Niger
- Mr. Paul Wambua Kavulya, CEO, Stima Sacco Society, Kenya
- Ms. Elizabeth Makwabe, KILIMANJARO CO-OPERATIVE BANK LIMITED, CEO, Tanzania
- Mr. Athumani L. Mahadhi, EXECUTIVE SECRETARY OF TANGA DAIRIES COOP UNION, Tanzania
16:00-16:30 Q&A and Discussion
* Regarding ILO Cooperatives (COOP), please visit the ILO website: click here