BackgroundTaking into consideration the 4th industrial revolution and its impact on TVET in both ASEAN and Cambodia. Taking into account the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on the educational system in Cambodia. Recognising the active role of Cambodian individuals and organisations in e-learning innovation in skill systems and addressing pressing skills challenges, the Cambodia skills innovation call invites innovative institutions to propose new and practical ideas and solutions with the potential for sustainability, scalability and replication at a national scale to support the digital transformation of TVET.
We aim to create change in three ways:
- Incentivising TVET providers in Cambodia to identify major challenges to design and deliver online learning and skills training;
- Sourcing innovative e-learning ideas and solutions to those challenges; and
- Encouraging innovative partnerships involving representatives of employers’ and workers’ organisations and other key stakeholders.
Objectives of the event
- To announce the topic of the first ILO Skills Challenge Innovation Call Cambodia.
- To launch the Challenge Call in Cambodia and mobilise a national cohort of skills innovators to rethink TVET in the aftermath of Covid 19 and of the 4th industrial revolution.
What is the Call about?The UN in Cambodia is calling on organisations to share innovative ideas and solutions to address digital TVET skills challenge. The Cambodia skills innovation call will recognise and support the development of solutions that aim to address challenges faced by TVET to adapt to online learning and skills training. Identified digital innovations should aim to provide new skills and/or reskill and/or upskill young Cambodians. The main objective will be to identify solutions to i) enhance the effectiveness of online vocational education and training programmes through innovative digital delivery and ii) establish new and innovative multi-stakeholder partnerships to address digital TVET challenges at the national or sectoral level.
The 1st Cambodia skills innovation call aims to support the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 4, which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all. It also supports SDG 8, which aims to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all, by enabling new solutions for workforce development that deliver relevant skills for productive employment and decent work.
Facebook pages of: