Our Vision: SafeYouth@Work
- Because young workers suffer up to a 40 per cent higher rate of non-fatal occupational injuries than older workers.
- Because young workers today are the future of work! Their safety and well-being will shape the world of tomorrow.
- Because safe and healthy working conditions are a right!
- Because it is the vison of the United Nation’s Secretary General to place young people’s interest at the center of the agenda and take young people seriously
To build a global network of young champions for safety and health at work beginning with the SafeYouth@Work Congress and engagement around the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work (Singapore, 2-6 September 2017)
We Need You!
To bring your voice to the World Congress on Safety and Health at Work in Singapore and:
- Play an important role as change agent and enabler of sustainable development actions;
- Leverage youth leadership and advocacy in decision making;
- Actively share your experience & knowledge on safety and health at work;
- Build relationships, alliances & networks with global Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) experts;
- Develop and showcase your ideas together with 200 other young professionals from around the world.
Yes You Can!
…be a CHAMPION for safe and healthy working conditions for young people around the world!
…use your experience & knowledge and influence decision makers to make safe & healthy working places for you and other young workers a priority!
Through the SafeYouth@Work Congress - a parallel programme at the XXI World Congress on Safety and Health at Work – you and 200 other young safety and health champions will:
- Give youth a voice: you will act as representatives of young workers and employers worldwide - sharing your ideas and priorities with other youth delegates as well as the broader congress participants;
- Design, create and showcase your own prototyped solutions, services products or initiatives while interacting with other participants and international OSH experts.
- Work together with other young champions on an Action Plan for Safer Working Conditions for Youth and be ready to present it before an audience of some three to four thousand individuals at the Grand Finale of the World Congress.
If you are:
- Ready for a learning adventure;
- Between 18 and 24 years old at time of registration;
- And want to help create safer and healthier working conditions for young people
The ILO and the organizer of the SafeYouth@Work Congress will pay for all (air) travel, as well as accommodation and other relevant costs associated with participation if you have been selected to participate in the SafeYouth@Work Congress. Holding valid passports and necessary visas remains the sole responsibility of the participants.
24 March 2017,
18 June 2017,
Selection panel announces
19 June 2017
participants complete a
personal assignment by
16 July 2017
Selection panel announces
final list of successful participants
21 July 2017