EIGHTH ITEM ON THE AGENDA
Complaint concerning the non-observance by Colombia
of the Freedom of Association and Protection of the
Right to Organise Convention, 1948 (No. 87), and the
Right to Organise and Collective Bargaining Convention,
1949 (No. 98), made by various delegates to the
86th Session (1998) of the Conference under
article 26 of the ILO Constitution
1. At its meeting in March 1999, the Committee on Freedom of Association examined, reached conclusions and made recommendations concerning Cases Nos. 1787, 1948, 1955, 1962, 1964, 1973 and 2015 relating to Colombia. The Committee also made recommendations concerning the complaint submitted by virtue of article 26 of the ILO Constitution.(1)
2. At its meeting in June 1999, the Committee had requested the Government to furnish a detailed report prior to 1 September 1999 so as to enable it to present a new report on the merits of these matters to the Governing Body at its November 1999 session.(2)
3. Since then, two new complaints have been submitted to the Committee (Cases Nos. 2046 and 2051). These cases were adjourned at the November 1999 meeting of the Committee.
4. At its present session, the Committee on Freedom of Association has submitted a new report to the Governing Body on these matters.(3)
5. The Governing Body is invited to decide on the follow-up to be given to the complaint submitted by virtue of article 26 of the Constitution.
Geneva, 12 November 1999.
Point for decision: Paragraph 5.
2. GB.275/4/1, para. 10.