Geneva, March 1997
Committee on Legal Issues and International Labour Standards
- Proposed amendment to Article 26, paragraph 4(a) of the Conference Standing Orders relating to the 72-hour time-limit for the submission of objections to credentials.
- Proposed amendment to Article 32, paragraph 2 of the Conference Standing Orders concerning the effect on the right to vote of late payments under arrangements for the consolidation of arrears.
- Distribution and publication of Governing Body documents using the Internet.
- Other legal questions.
International labour standards and human rights
- Report of the Working Party on Policy regarding the Revision of Standards.
- Standard-setting policy: the strengthening of ILO supervisory procedures.
- Standard-setting policy: the ratification and promotion of fundamental ILO Conventions.
- General status report on ILO action concerning discrimination in employment and occupation.
- Draft UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel.
- Forms for reports under articles 19 and 22 of the Constitution:
- Forms for reports on the application of ratified Conventions (article 22 of the Constitution):
Forms for reports on unratified Conventions (article 19 of the Constitution):
- Labour Inspection (Seafarers) Convention, 1996 (No. 178);
- Recruitment and Placement of Seafarers Convention, 1996 (No. 179);
- Seafarers' Hours of Work and the Manning of Ships Convention, 1996 (No. 180);
- Protocol of 1996 to the Merchant Shipping (Minimum Standards) Convention, 1976;
- Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize Convention, 1948 (No. 87);
- Right to Organize and Collective Bargaining Convention, 1949 (No. 98).
Updated by VC. Approved by NdW. Last update: 26 January 2000.