The ILO has been actively involved in the GSSD since 2009 and hosted the 2010 Expo at ILO Headquarters in Geneva. This year, the solution forum aims to showcase the latest contribution of South-South and triangular cooperation (SSTC) to ILO Flagships Programmes and cross-cutting policy drivers, as well as to discuss the lessons learnt from the application of SSTC in real practices. Specifically, the following projects will be discussed:
- “Enhancing Sierra Leone women entrepreneurs’ empowerment and resilience in cross border trade within the Mano River Union (MRU) through learning and experience sharing from the East African Community (EAC)” which contributes ILO’s Flagship program on Jobs for Peace and Resilience.
- “Peer Learning Seminar on a Just Transition and Climate Resilience in Samoa” which contributes to ILO’s cross-cutting policy driver of Just Transition to environmental sustainability.
- “Regional Initiative Latin America and the Caribbean Free of Child Labour: New South-South trends”, which contributes to ILO’s International Programme on the Elimination of Child, Labour and Forced Labour (IPEC+)
- “TRANSFORM -Leadership and Transformation Curriculum on Building and Managing Social Protection Floors in Africa”, which contributes to ILO’s Flagship Programme of Building Social Protection Floors for All (SPF).
- Ms. Nyaibor Ngombu, Senior Programme Officer, Mano River Union (MRU)
- Mr Lyndon Chu Ling, Chief Executive Officer (Permanent Secretary) of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Labour of SAMOA
- Mrs. Sasha Deer-Gordon, Director, Child Labour Unit, Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Jamaica
- Ms. Portia Kekana - Social Protection & Labour Market, Social Policy Expert, South Africa