Countries at all stages of development are experiencing changes in the world of work, driven by technology, demographics, climate change, and globalization. The meeting will be an opportunity to discuss solutions for creating a human centred future of work, where people and planet are at the centre of policymaking. The event will also serve as a follow up on the call to action of the ILO Centenary Declaration on the Future of Work and the findings of the Report of the Global Commission on the Future of Work.
The programme will include an opening segment and four thematic fireside chats: “Turning decisions into actions,” “Solutions for investing in the capacities of people,” “Solutions for strengthening institutions of work,” and “Solutions for a just transition.” The event will be moderated by Shery Ahn from Bloomberg.
- H.E. Ms. Kersti Kaljulaid, President of Estonia
- H.E. Mr. Stefan Löfven, Prime Minister of Sweden
- H.E. Mr. Alok Sharma, MP, Secretary of State for International Development, United Kingdom
- H.E. Mr. Omar Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Darren Walker, President, The Ford Foundation
- Mr. Guy Ryder, Director General, International Labour Organization
- Mr. Roberto Suarez Santos, Secretary General of the International Organization of Employers
- Ms. Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Ms. Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, Oxfam International
- Ms. Shamina Singh, Founder and President of the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth and Executive Vice President of Sustainability, Mastercard
- Mr. Philip Jennings, Commissioner, ILO Future of Work Commission
- Dr. Denise Rutherford, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, 3M
To download flyer: Leaders' Event
For more information, please kindly contact Ms. Jessica Pak, firstname.lastname@example.org.