Project background:The UBRAF aims at achieving UNAIDS long-term vision of zero new HIV infections, zero AIDS-related deaths, and zero discrimination by catalyzing and leveraging resources for the AIDS response and also for broader health, development and human rights outcomes.
ILO is part of seven UN agencies that are working with Gujarat State AIDS Control Society to reduce new HIV cases and AIDS related deaths in the state. ILO is working with its constituents, civil society organizations and community-based organizations to upscale HIV testing in selected economic sectors.
Bringing more and more workers under the gamut of HIV services will ensure protection to workers as well as healthy work environment. Community based screening of HIV is being introduced first time in India to give workers a choice to lead a healthy life.
ILO is also working for migrant construction workers under this project. HIV awareness and provision of services are main components of this intervention.
- To upscale HIV counselling and testing in diamond, textile and transport sector in collaboration with ILO’s constituents and civil society organizations.
- To provide awareness and HIV services to migrant construction workers through civil society organizations
- National AIDS Control Organisation (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare);
- Gujarat State AIDS Control Society;
- Employers' and Workers' Organizations;
- Civil society organizations;
- National Coalition of Positive People of India (NCPI+);
- Enterprises in public and private sectors
Target Beneficiaries:Workers in the formal and informal sectors, trade unions, employers' organizations, public and private sector enterprises.
For further information, please contact:Mr. S. M. Baqar
Phone: 91- 11-47509227