The ILO in partnership with the Government of Japan through the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare initiated the Industry Skills for Inclusive Growth Phase 2 Project (InSIGHT 2) in the Philippines. This is part of the regional programme covering Asia and the Pacific, with specific country level activities in Philippines and Indonesia.
InSIGHT 2 aims to explore and show that a skills-driven approach is a suitable pathway to support and maintain inclusive growth in Asia. This growth should inclusively create value and opportunities for productive employment and livelihoods, without compromising environmental sustainability and ultimately improving the lives for all, especially young women and men, and vulnerable people in the region.
The project will look into the most appropriate configuration to strengthen skills development mechanisms, taking into account best practices and sharing the lessons from Japan, and other ASEAN member countries, who have advocated a similar track.
ObjectivesThe InSIGHT 2 will work based on the following objectives:
- Enhance skills needs anticipation methodologies to make Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) delivery system more responsive to labour market demands.
- Identify and address human capital development needs to enable a just transition towards a greener economy and build resilience.
- Grreening TVET strategies implemented for an improved skills development system.
The project expands work carried out under previous ILO/Japan projects, including the:
- Industries and Workplaces for Sustainable and Inclusive Growth through Tripartite Dialogue, Sharing of Knowledge and Good Practices on Industrial Relations Green Business and Occupational Safety and Health (InSIGHT Project initial phase)
- Greener Business Asia (GBA in Thailand and the Philippines)
- ASEAN-ILO/Japan Project on Industrial Relations (AIJPIR)
- ILO/Japan on Occupational Safety and Health in Hazardous Work in South-East Asia (OSH) Project.
The InSIGHT 2 Project is a significant addition to the Skills Development portfolio of ILO activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
For further information please contact:Ms Georginia Pascual
National Project Coordinator
Mr Ricardo Misa
Programme and Administrative Assistant
International Labour Organization (ILO)
Country Office for the Philippines
19th Floor, Yuchengco Tower
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200 Philippines
Tel +632 8580 9900