The ILO-TESDA STEM in TVET Curriculum Workshop seeks to strengthen skills training in STEM-related TVET training programs to prepare workers for the new normal. The Workshop seeks to provide TVET training providers an overview of STEM pedagogies to design learning materials on STEM competencies for TVET. Based on relevant frameworks on 21st Century Skills, TVET, and integrated STEM, the workshop will focus on STEM pedagogies for TVET that contextualizes learning for workplace readiness; STEM Learner Methodologies and Assessment Tools, and Assessments for National Certification Standards for STEM-related trainings. At the end of the workshop, each industry group is expected to design STEM-integrated learning materials for a selected training qualification in their area of expertise. The workshop will be facilitated by the Center for Integrated STEM Education of the UP College of Education.
ObjectivesAt the end of the writeshop, participants are expected to:
- Connect STEM competencies to TVET basic, common, and core competencies;
- Map out STEM competencies in existing Training Regulations (TRs);
- Identify potential STEM competencies, learning and assessment activities that can be integrated in existing TRs;
- Apply STEM competencies and pedagogies in designing learning and assessment activities; and
- Create initial curriculum design for target TVET program and timeline for developing the curriculum guide.