Executive Course on Managing the Inspectorate for Strategic Labour Laws Compliance brought together officials and regional directors of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) from 16 regions in the Philippines to:
- enhance the knowledge of regional managers on the legal and technical aspects of the visitorial and enforcement powers of the labour inspectorate;
- help improve the quality, consistency and policy coherence of orders, resolutions and decisions on cases arising from the exercise of the visitorial and enforcement powers of the labour inspectorate;
- enhance the capacity of participants in strategically planning for inspection and in managing the inspection programme; and
- generate regional inputs, recommendations and consensus in reviewing or formulating rules, regulations and guidelines to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the visitorial and enforcement power.
- demonstrated consistent understanding on the substantive and procedural aspects of labour standards;
- gained updated knowledge and enhanced competencies in administering and enforcing labour standards, and in deciding cases within the scope of their jurisdiction;
- demonstrated enhanced ability to incorporate region-specific economic and labour market factors in preparing, implementing and monitoring inspection strategies, plans and targets; and
- agreed on common approaches and ways to promote policy consistency and coherence in the exercise of the visitorial and enforcement power, and promoted efficiency and effectiveness of the inspection programme.