International Chemical Control Toolkit
Identification of the skin and eye contact hazards (Group S)
- If your substance is listed among the Common solvents, it belongs to the Hazard Group S.
- If you know the EU R-phrases associated with your substance, use the second column of the table.
- If you know the GHS class/level values associated with your substance, use the third column of the table.
- If you don't know either of the two, try to find relevant information from the
International Chemical Safety Cards (ICSC) or other sources (see for example the CIS collection of ICSC cards).
- Check the phrases or class/level values of your substance against those in the cells of the table.
If you find a match, your substance falls in the Hazard Group S.
- By clicking on the sheet ID in the first column (Sk100), you can read the guidance sheet related to Hazard Group S.
||GHS class/level values|
|Acute toxicity (lethality), dermal only, class 1, 2, 3 or 4|
Acute toxicity (systemic), dermal only, class 1 or 2
Corrosivity, subclass 1A, 1B or 1C
Skin irritation class 2
Eye irritation class 1 or 2
Repeated exposure toxicity, dermal only, class 1 or 2
Updated by AS (CIS), approved by PB (SafeWork). Last modification: 20.06.2006.