Project objectivesEmployers' organizations in all countries have one common key asset: their enterprises. Successful enterprises play a critical role in creating employment and improving living standards. Employers' organizations help to create a favourable environment for business and provide services for enterprises. Employers' organizations represent one of the three groupings that make up the constituents of the ILO (the others being Governments and workers’ organizations). The ILO's Bureau for Employers´ Activities is responsible for nurturing and developing the relationship between the ILO and the employers’ organizations.
Key areas of work
- Building Effective Employers' Organisations
- Business and Disability
- Child Labour
- Labour migration
- Gender, Diversity and Equality
- Informal Economy
- Forced Labour
- ILO Standards and Legal Issues
- Reaching out to SMEs
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Youth Employment
- Promoting social ialogue: Enhancing smooth relations among employers and trade unions to promote industrial growth and decent work.
- Developing strategic plan: Capacity building related to organizational planning and prioritizing activities, in line with their needs and changing operating environment.
- Strengthening FNCCI Training Unit: Strengthening capacity related to the design of training needs assessments, implementation and creation of a pool of trainers.
- Promoting gender equality: Effective implementation of laws and policies related to gender equality at the workplace.
For further information please contact:Mr Prakash Sharma, Project Coordinator
ILO Country Office for Nepal
Nayabato, Dhobighat, Lalitpur
Tel.: +977 1 5555 777 (Ext. 122)