- Strengthen the capacities of the Ministry of Labour and Employment on Occupational Safety and Health and modernize labour inspection system in line with the International Labour Standards.
- Engage the social partners in a better position to promote compliance with the labour legislations.
Outcome 1: Capacities of the ministry of Labour and Employment on Occupational safety and health Strengthened, and labour Inspection System modernized in line with the International Labour Standards.
- Occupational safety and health and labour inspection services of the MOLE improved.
- Capacities of the MoLE-OSH project and training center strengthened and empowered to achieve its objectives and to provide better technical, advisory and training services on OSH at the national level.
- The legal framework for occupational safety and health and labour inspection improved in line with the International Labour Standards.
Outcome 2: The social partners are in a better position to engage in programmes to promote compliance with the labour legislations.
- Workers’ and employers’ representatives’ awareness is raised on occupational safety and health and labour inspection and relevant standards and legislations.
For further information please contact:Mr Shailendra Kumar Jha
National Programme Coordinator
ILO Country Office for Nepal
Nayabato, Dhobighat, Lalitpur
Tel.: +977 1 5555 777, 5550 691
Fax: +977 1 5550 714, 5531 332