Call for Expression of Interest (EoI)
Consultancy to provide administrative and logistical support to organize a South Asia sub-regional workshop on action against violence and harassment in the world of work
BackgroundTo support constituents in South Asia to strengthen action against violence and harassment in the world of work, it is important to review progress made so far, and discuss challenges and ways forward in line with the new Convention and Recommendation on Violence and Harassment, to realize the world of work free from violence and harassment. In this background, the ILO Decent Work Team for South Asia (DWT-SA) in collaboration with ITC Turin, ILO HQ GENDER and the ILO DWT-Bangkok, is organizing a South Asia sub-regional workshop on action against violence and harassment in the world of work with focus on gender-based violence in Kathmandu, Nepal during 3-4 December 2019.
ObjectivesThe key objectives of the workshop are to:
• Identify progress, challenges, lessons and good practices in preventing and addressing violence and harassment in the world of work with focus on gender-based violence and harassment in South Asia
• Build knowledge and consensus among constituents on effective ways of preventing and addressing violence and harassment in the world of work with focus on gender-based violence and harassment in South Asia
• Develop plans of action for strengthening responses and mechanisms to prevent and address violence and harassment in the world of work with focus on gender-based violence and harassment by the constituents in South Asia.
Proposed dates and location :
03-04 December, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal
ParticipantsTwo representatives each from government, employers’ and workers’ organizations from 7 South Asian countries are planned to be invited. In addition, representatives of civil society organizations as well as advocates with strong expertise on addressing violence and harassment in the world of work from Asia and the Pacific will be invited as resource persons. The key team of resource persons from the ILO will come from the ITC Turin, ILO HQ GENDER, ILO DWT-Bangkok and ILO DWT-New Delhi. ILO will also explore the possibility of inviting experts from the International Organizations of Employers (IOE) and ILO ACTRAV to share views of the employers’ and workers’ organizations.
AssignmentThe consultant will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative and logistical support to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of the workshop.
The consultant will work under the supervision of the ILO Programme Officer in the ILO Kathmandu Office, and will closely coordinate with the following: a) Gender Specialists, DWT- New Delhi and Bangkok; b) Admin and Finance Officer, CO-Kathmandu and the designated Admin/Finance Assistant for the workshop in CO Kathmandu.
The Consultant’s tasks will include, and will not be limited to:
1. Plan, organize and coordinate all logistical arrangements checking the arrangement of venue, accommodation for participants, booking of flights through the designated travel agents
2. Communicate/guide all participants with visa or any other travel or administrative issues prior to their arrival and during the stay in Kathmandu,
3. Liaise with the hotel to ensure timely delivery of services and meals.
4. Ensure all necessary logistics for the workshop/meeting including audio visual equipment, registration, stationery, food and refreshments
5. Preparation of financial documents as per ILO requirements
6. Preparing, printing, packing and where necessary providing to participants, all relevant printed materials including briefing packs, attendance sheets, workshop notes, hand-outs etc.
7. Be present at the workshop venue during the course of the workshop
8. Being the primary focal point for participants on administrative and logistical issues
9. Arrange and coordinate transport for participants including airport shuttle.
10. Prepare a welcome package including a map of Kathmandu, welcome letter and list of main places to visit in Kathmandu.
Deliverables, timeline and paymentThe consultancy will cover 40 working days that will approximately spread into 10 working days in October 20 working days in November and 10 working days in December. The contract will tentatively start on 14 October and will finish 10 December 2019.
Within the first three days, the consultant will prepare a detailed work plan for the entire assignment that includes all tasks to be performed with timeframe/deadline and get it approved by the supervisor. Payments will be made in two instalments as follows:
1. Equivalent to 15 working days upon satisfactory completion of tasks scheduled for October and November 2019.
2. Equivalent to 25 working days upon satisfactory completion of all tasks and the smooth and effective completion of the workshop in December 2019.
VI Profile of the consultant
Education:• Secondary education certificate. University Degree will be an advantage
Experience:• At least 8 years’ experience in admin, logistic and finance
• Extensive experience in organizing and supporting workshops, including those in which international participation was involved.
• Familiarity with administrative procedures of UN or multilateral organizations. Previous experience with ILO will be a distinct advantage
Languages:• Excellent command of Nepali and English, including speaking and writing skills
• Excellent planning, organizing and coordination skills
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through email, phone and Skype calls
• Ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure of time and resources
• Good planning skills
• Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Expression of Interest (EoI) quoting their daily fee rate and attaching CVs to ILO Country Office in Dhobighat, Lalitpur or e-mail to email@example.com no later than COB 9th September 2019. Please indicate “Administrative and Logistic Support Consultancy Service: VAH Meeting” in your email subject line.