CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST The UNNATI- Inclusive Growth Programme in Nepal is being implemented in Nepal with funding support from the Government of Denmark. The overall objective of the programme is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth that aims to reduce poverty and raise the living standards of poor people in Nepal.
for Member of Independent Assessment Panel for
UNNATI Advocacy Challenge Fund (ACF)
The ILO is implementing the UNNATI-Advocacy for Rights and Good Corporate Governance in Nepal which is a sub-component of the UNNATI. The objective of 4-year project (Advocacy for Rights and Good Corporate Governance project) is to promote improved advocacy for responsible business, including rights and good corporate governance in selected four value chains, i.e. Orthodox tea, Ginger, Dairy and Cardamom. The project is supporting three complementary areas of interventions focusing on advocacy dialogue, sustainability and public awareness through an Advocacy Challenge Fund (ACF).
For reviewing and assessing detailed proposals submitted by the associations, federations, NGOs, employers’ and workers’ organizations, and other organizations for the Advocacy Challenge Fund (ACF). ILO/UNNATI - Inclusive Growth Programme in Nepal seeks the assistance of qualified, experienced and result oriented Nepalese professionals to be part of the roster of the panel for independent reviewers.
Interested individuals should comply with the following areas of expertise and requirements:
• Have at least Master’s Degree or above in agriculture science, economics, law, public administration, social science, business administration, financial management or related disciplines
• Have a wide array of expertise (programmatic and operational) with a preference for those experienced in developing, implementing and/or reviewing programs and projects at various level
• Have in-depth understanding and a balance expertise in advocacy, rights and good corporate governance as well cross cutting human rights, rights-based approach to business development, gender and environmental issues relevant to the business enabling environment
• Have subject matter expertise, preferably good understanding on UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the labour standards of the ILO, UN global compact agenda and sustainable corporate practices
• Have a balance of experience on appropriate programmatic and structural interventions for value chains/economy, as well as experience in civil society engagement, public private partnerships, the private sector and associations’ engagement, and corporate social responsibility
• Have no association with any enterprise, firm or company as staff or consultant related with the UNNATI-Inclusive Growth Programme in Nepal
• The panel should not be part of the firms/company applying for Advocacy Challenge Fund.
A befitting remuneration package will be made available to the panel members.
Interested individuals are requested to submit their applications clearly mentioning the area of expertise and interest in the subject line along with CV to the following address no later than Sunday, 11 September 2016 in sealed envelope to the following address, clearly mentioning “Reference: Independent Assessment Panel for UNNATI Advocacy Challenge Fund (ACF) Application” with the full address of applicant:
Advocacy Challenge Fund
UNNATI-Inclusive Growth Programme in Nepal
ILO Country Office for Nepal P.O. Box: 8971
Dhobighat, Nayabato Lalitpur, Nepal
ILO reserves the right to accept or reject any/all applications without disclosing any reason or whatsoever.