Who we areThe Indonesia Business and Disability Network (IBDN) is a unique employer-led initiative that works to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities in workplaces nationwide.
The IBDN was established in 2016 by five founding members: PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk, PT L’Oréal Indonesia, PT Standard Chartered Indonesia, PT TetraPak Stainless Engineering and PT Trans Retail Indonesia.
The IBDN is part of the ILO Global Business and Disability Network, aimed to create a global workforce culture that is respectful and welcoming people with disabilities.
- Providing an inclusive, conducive and equal working environment, where everyone, including people with disabilities, can partake active roles and develop their potential in equal manners, in accordance with their capabilities, interests and talents.
- Raising the awareness about the positive relationship between disability inclusion and business success.
- Readiness of the Business Sector: Fostering efforts to prepare business sector to be more inclusive in terms of infrastructure, mindset and policy, accessibility, reasonable accommodation, education and training and information exchange
- Readiness of People with Disability: Facilitating active roles and preparedness of people with disabilities to work and contribute their talents and skills for the company’s benefits
- Inclusive Recruitment: Carrying out merit-based recruitment of people with disabilities using mechanism that are equal and friendly with diversity
- Inclusive value Creation: Encouraging creative programmes that improve both company’s competitiveness and the independence of people with disabilities
Why join usThe IBDN supports employers like you to be ‘disability smart’ and make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace.
As the member of the IBDN you will benefit from:Learn from your peers
Webinars, conferences, joint publications and tools
Let a national and global audience know about your inclusion work
Best practices and knowledge sharing through various media tools, linkages to ILO’s global platform and global events
Get support from for disability inclusion at national level
Technical advice and exclusive contact to government programmes, national business and disability networks and the ILO
Get connected to local and international networks
Benefit from the network to other companies, non-profit organizations, disability people organizations, government, academia and experts on disabilities.