- To build the capacity of HSE/OSH officers of selected companies about effective message development and dissemination on the prevention of HIV at the workplace through video blogging.
- To capacitate HSE/OSH officers of selected companies in maximizing the usage of social media for their internal campaigns on HIV prevention programme and non-discriminatory policies.
- To raise the awareness of the overall workers and management of the selected companies about HIV prevention programme at the workplace and non-discriminatory policies.
Programme activitiesVideo blogging (Vlog) workshop
The vlog workshop is conducted for one day consisting of a series of sessions about creating and developing effectively and interestingly.
The sessions consist of:
- Introduction to HIV issues at the workplace and theme categorizations of the vlogs
- Understanding storytelling techniques of vlog (story identification)
- Utilizing the digital equipment for vlog
- Creating your story: Vlogging techniques and picture shootings
- Sharing your vlog: Editing and finalizing the vlog
The practical exercise will be conducted after the workshop. The participants will be divided into three groups and each group will be coached and mentored during coaching clinic by a vlog expert for two weeks.
The sessions consist of:
- Developing story ideas and writing the script
- Realizing the story ideas into real stories/messages
- Producing the vlogs
- Finalizing the vlog
The vlogs created by the participants will be reviewed and selected during the internal competition. Three winners and one favorite winner will be identified and announced. The winner selection will involve members of HIV working group, in addition to the production house company and the ILO.
The steps of competition and campaign:
- Vlog submission
- Vlog selection
- Vlog reviewing processes and identification of winners
- Finalists will be announced and invited to the commemorative event held in conjunction with the World’s AIDS Day on 1st of December
ParticipantsTargeted participants are 30 representatives from 15 companies (two representatives from each company).
The criteria of the participants:
- Have a knowledge and understanding about issues related to HIV at the workplace;
- Have participated in the HIV awareness raising and sharing knowledge at least one time;
- At least one the representative from the company is the officer who is in charge of issues related to occupational safety and health; and
- Will participate in all the programme activities.