The senior delegates representing Federal and Provincial Governments, Employers’ and Workers’ organization deliberated and concurred on strategic targets to receive ILO’s support in next four years. ILO technical support will respond to the changed scenario in the post 18th Constitutional Amendments and devolution of labour subject to the provinces.
During next four years, ILO will provide technical support to Ministry of Human Resource Development, and Provincial Labour Departments, Employers Federation of Pakistan, and Pakistan Workers Federation in the following strategic areas:
- Employment of vulnerable groups
- Employable skills/systems promoted
- Sustainability of enterprises and entrepreneurship promoted
- Social protection floor
- Increased capacity of employers organizations
- Increased capacities of workers organizations
- Labour administration in-line with international labour standards
- Elimination of forced labour and human trafficking
- Promotion and support the elimination of child labour in worst forms
- Ratification and application of ILS
- National and provincial policies and one UN program on Decent Work
Mr U R Usmani representing Employers’ Federation of Pakistan and Mr. Khalil-ur-Rehman, head of Delegation, Pakistan Workers’ Federation thanked ILO for developing a tripartitie consensus on ILO’s support in post devolution scenario.
From the government side, Mr. Abdul Qayyum Kakar Secretary Government of Balochistan, Captain (R) Aizaz ur Rehman, Secretary Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mr. Hasan Iqbal, Secretary Government of Punjab, Mr. Kashif Gulzar Director Labour Sindh, and Central labour Advisor also appreciated ILO’s continuous support in Pakistan to promote Decent Work.
Mr. Francesco d’Ovidio, ILO Country Director thanked the constituents for their valuable contribution to the process of determining ILO’s technical support during next four years. He assured that ILO will deploy all technical resources to help implement the Decent Work Country Program in Pakistan. Ms Tine Staermose Director ILO Decent Work Team Delhi also thanked the constituents for their active participation and ILO staff for their hard work to make consultation a success.
For further information please contact
Mr. M.Saifullah Chaudhry
Senior Programme Officer
ILO Islamabad Office Pakistan
Tel.: +92 512276456-8