The ILO Multi Partner Fund to step up the fight against child labour and forced labour: The pooled funding mechanism of the 8.7 Accelerator Lab.
ObjectivesThe 8.7 Accelerator Lab Multi Partner Fund aims to accelerate the replication of promising practices and identify new solutions to end forced labour and child labour globally. The Multi Partner Fund is based on a four-pronged approach delivering impact at the global, regional, national and workplace levels.
- Identifying, scaling up or replicating solutions to end forced labour and child labour, in order to address the needs identified by local actors.
- Developing sector or supply chain specific solutions, when needed, which can then be replicated in other countries.
- Leveraging innovation and new technologies to accelerate progress towards SDG Target 8.7.
- Establishing a smarter financing approach of SDG 8.7 to maximize the impact of partners’ contributions, ensure flexibility to seize high potential opportunities, and increase investments on innovative solutions.
The 8.7 Accelerator Lab Multi Partner Fund is a central component of ILO’s development cooperation efforts to tackle child labour, forced labour and human trafficking, and will leverage the networks and knowledge produced by the Alliance 8.7, an inclusive global partnership for which ILO is the Secretariat.
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Africa