Convening Stakeholders to Develop and Implement Strategies to Reduce Child Labor and Improve Working Conditions in Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining (CARING Gold Mining) Project
The project will work with a wide range of stakeholders, including national, regional, local governments, miner associations, mining companies, trade unions, NGOs/civil society groups, media, academia, communities, miners, parents, and children.
Development objectiveConvene stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to reduce child labor and improve working conditions in artisanal and small-scale gold (ASGM).
Intermediate ObjectivesGhana and the Philippines
- Laws, policies, and action plans to address child labor and working conditions in ASGM are strengthened, enforced, and/or implemented.
- Access of vulnerable households living in ASGM communities to social protection services and to improved livelihood programs is increased.
- Mechanisms to increase transparency and monitoring of child labor and working conditions in gold mining supply chains are developed and implemented, with a particular focus on ASGM.
- Global networks to reduce child labor in ASGM and improve working conditions in countries where ASGM is significant are operational.
- Innovative solutions to reduce child labor and improve working conditions in ASGM are supported and disseminated in Ghana, the Philippines, and other countries.
Country level information