The ILO Library serves the ILO staff, tripartite constituents of the ILO, delegates to the International Labour Conference and the Governing Body and other meetings, international organizations and representatives of permanent diplomatic missions.
The ILO Library also welcomes external visitors who work on a specific topic of research: students, university professors, researchers, historians, librarians and archivists.
If you are an external visitor, you need to request access to the ILO Library premises at least two working days prior to your visit. Please follow the registration steps detailed below.
Registration steps for external visitors
- Print and complete the ILO Library access request form.
- Scan the completed form and send it along with the required documents to email@example.com
- When you come to the ILO, at the Security Desk, please present your confirmation email from the Library, a valid photo ID and your student/research card or certificate.
The Library offers practical, modern work spaces featuring:
- cosy corners for browsing journals or newspapers
- room to spread out at computer workstations,
- collaborative workspaces
- quiet spaces