>> Live: Follow the discussion via webcast
The panellists include:
- Mr Carlos Lopes, Executive Secretary, UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Mr Yves Flückiger, Vice-Rector, University of Geneva
- Mr Daniel Funes de Rioja, Executive Vice-President, International Organization of Employers (IOE)
- Ms Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
Panellists will discuss the following topics:
- What model of society – what space for solidarity, dialogue, cooperation, notions of justice?
- Sustainable enterprises as the engine of jobs and growth: large, small, medium and micro – private/public? What are the priorities?
- Should employment and income inequality concerns move to the core of policy strategies, including in countries most hit by the crisis, and how could the ILO help in that respect?
- What should be the nature of action by the State – social protection, labour markets, moving from informality to formality and so forth?