BackgroundPROPEL’s overall development objective is “Better work and employment opportunities created for men and women with disabilities, through the creation of an enabling legal and policy environment, the promotion of skills development opportunities and measures to eliminate discrimination”.
PROPEL works closely with tripartite constituents from government, business and trade unions, as well as national and regional disabled persons’ organizations (DPOs) and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to develop programs that focus on inclusive vocational training, supporting the employment of persons with disabilities in the private sector, media awareness and regulatory change.
- Enabling environment strengthened to promote access of young men and women with disabilities to quality vocational training;
- Entrepreneurship skill development and employment related services accepting women and men with disabilities;
- Initiatives to promote disability Inclusion by national constituents and public media; and
- Future lawyers and judges’ knowledge and capacity to promote attention to disability rights issues increased and enhanced.
- Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA)
- Department of Social Protection
- National Coordinating Committee for Disability (NCCD)
- Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI)
- Viet Nam General Confederation of Labour (VGCL)
- Viet Nam Cooperative Alliance (VCA)
- Hanoi Law University
- Disability Research and Development (DRD)
- Hanoi Disabled People’s Organization (DPO Hanoi)
Ms Tran Quynh Trang
For further information please contact:
National Project Coordinator
ILO Country Office for Viet Nam
Tel.: +84 4 37340902 Ext 227
Fax: +84 4 37340904