PartnersMinistry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Vietnam General Confederation of Labour, Vietnam Association of Manpower supply, Vietnam Communist Youth Union, Vietnam Women's Union
Target beneficiariesWomen and men migrant workers and potential migrant workers.
Regional focusThanh Hoa, Quang Ngai, Bac Ninh, Phu Tho and Ha Tinh.
Project objectiveTripartite Action to Protect Migrants within and from the Greater Mekong Sub-region from Labour Exploitation (GMS TRIANGLE I) aims to significantly reduce the exploitation of labour migrants through increased legal and safe migration and improved labour protection.
- Engage tripartite constituents, women’s groups and civil society in the formulation and implementation of a labour migration policy that is coherent, evidence-based, rights-based and gender sensitive;
- Support the implementation a Code of Conduct for recruitment agencies as a tool for self-regulation, and to help enterprises to better comply with the law and international standards;
- Assist in the development of complaints mechanisms against legal and illegal brokers and recruitment agencies;
- Strengthen bilateral relations between constituents in Viet Nam and those in destination countries;
- Promote the development of resource centres for migrants and potential migrants to access reliable and accurate information and assistance;
- Deliver pre-employment orientation seminars to help young women and men make informed decisions about whether they should migrate and how to do so safely;
- Support the delivery of pre-departure training that is country and sector specific, and meets the needs of migrant workers; and
- Use multimedia channels to target the most vulnerable groups with key messaging on safe migration and rights awareness.
- Migrant recruitment and labour protection policies and practices strengthened, reflecting the interests of migrant workers and tripartite constituents;
- Capacity of tripartite constituents enhanced to improve implementation of national policy, bilateral agreements and regional commitments related to the recruitment and protection of women and men migrant workers; and
- The rights of women and men migrants and potential migrants are protected through increased access to support services.
Key aspects of the GMS TRIANGLE project - Viet Nam
For further information please contact:
Mr Max Tunon
Senior Programme Officer/ Regional Project Coordinator
Ms Nguyen Thi Mai Thuy
National Project Coordinator