The project aims to improve the capacity of relevant national and provincial authorities and institutions to effectively implement, monitor, evaluate and report on the Law on Gender Equality and the Law on Domestic Violence Prevention and Control. The programme is focused on the following areas: Ha Noi; Hai Phong; Hai Duong; Thai Binh; Ho Chi Minh City; Dong Nai; and Binh Duong.
- Develop training materials, provide capacity building on gender mainstreaming and gender auditing;
- Mainstream gender into labour and employment legislations, policies, national programmes;
- Improve partnership between mass organizations and government agencies to promote women’s economic empowerment; and
- Advocate policy and dialogues for marginalized female and male worker groups in relation to gender equality.
- Improve the skills and knowledge of duty bearers to effectively implement, monitor, evaluate and report on the Law on Gender Equality and the Domestic Violence Law;
- Enhance partnerships and coordination around gender equality; and
- Strengthen evidence-based data and data systems for promoting gender equality.
The ILO Country Office for Viet Nam implements this Joint Programme in collaboration with FAO, IOM, UNAIDS, UNDP, UNESCO, UNFPA, UNICEF, UNIDO, UNIFEM, UNODC, and WHO. ILO partners include the Ministry of Labour and Social Affiars, General Statistics Office and the Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
For further information please contact:
Ms Nguyen Kim Lan
National Project Coordinator
ILO Country Office for Viet Nam
Tel: +84 4 37340902