This project is a collaboration between the CO-Hanoi office, Bureau of Social Protection in the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA), State Bank, Ministry of Finance, Vietnam General Confederation of Labour (VGCL), Vietnam Cooperative Alliance (VCA) and the Microfinance Working Group (MFWG).
Targeting 150,000 low-income households in the informal economy – both in urban and rural areas of Viet Nam, the project aims to improve low income households’ access to microfinance services, including savings facilities and microinsurance. The project focuses on microfinance sector development through initiating new savings and microinsurance products, and at the same time strengthening institutional capacity of Microfinance Institutions (MFI) across Viet Nam.
- Training for trainers who then can deliver training programmes that respond to the needs of microfinance organizations;
- Training for local microfinance practitioners on relevant practical theory and skills;
- Enhancing capacity of the Mircrofinance Working Group to represent and deliver services to microfinance institutions;
- Developing and testing new savings products through calling for product innovation from MFIs; and
- Developing new microinsurance products and its associated delivery models through technical support to institutions for product innovation.
- Improved outreach and impact of microfinance institutions through professionalized governance, management and operations in accordance with Decrees 28 and 165;
- Improved access to low-income households to savings products; and
- Improved access of low-income households to affordable insurance products.
For further information please contact:
ILO Country Office for Viet Nam
48 - 50 Nguyen Thai Hoc street
Hanoi, Viet Nam
Tel: +84 4 37340902
Fax: +84 4 37340904