Planned activities in the Philippines:
- Promote the ratification of ILO Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997 (No. 181) and ILO guidelines on fair recruitment.
- Promote the ratification of the Protocol of 2014 to the Forced Labour Convention, 1930 , and use the new ILO 50forFreedom campaign to fight modern slavery
- Review existing legal and policy framework on labour recruitment and its enforcement
- Analyze the feasibility of developing fair and alternative recruitment models
- Collaborate with constituents to protect migrant workers’ rights and empower them through access to reliable information and improved services, through the Migrant Recruitment Monitor.
- Develop strategic partnership to improve coverage and quality of investigative reporting on abuses and exploitation in recruitment.
For further information please contact:Mr Hussein Macarambon
National Project Coordinator
Integrated Programme on Fair Recruitment (FAIR) - Philippines
ILO Country Office for the Philippines (CO-Manila)
19th Floor, Yuchengco Tower
RCBC Plaza, 6819 Ayala Avenue
1200 Makati City, Philippines
Tel +632 580 9900
Fax +632 856 7597