|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to email@example.com|
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- What is the youth labour market situation in your country, (data should be disaggregated by youth cohort and gender)?46
- Does the national development framework explicitly promote the creation of jobs for young women and men? How? through targeted programmes (skills training, apprenticeships, ALMPs, entrepreneurship development, etc., or other measures such as. macro-economic, sectoral and investment policies)?
- Is a comprehensive, integrated youth employment strategy in place? If yes, does it reflect all pillars of the DWA?
- Does government ensure non-discrimination and equal access for both young women and men through relevant legislation, policies and programmes?
- Does government offer specific support services to young job-seekers, such as career guidance, employment services, placement opportunities, etc.?
- Do national programmes include specific provisions for disadvantaged young women and men?
- Are the social partners actively involved in the design, implementation and monitoring of youth employment programmes?
- What about the private sector?
- Are the young people themselves involved in the design, implementation and monitoring of youth employment schemes?
- Are the development partners present in the country, including UN agencies, sensitive to the issue of youth unemployment?
- Is there any inter-agency working group or programme dedicated to youth employment in the country?
46 - For a list of relevant labour market indicators, please refer to the “Guide for the preparation of National action Plans on Youth Employment”.