|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to email@example.com
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- Which ILO Conventions have been ratified by your country, and which of those have been translated into national law?
- Has your country had a case at the ILC Committee on the Application of Standards, has your country been subject of a “special paragraph” or a Commission on Inquiry?
- Does the government of your country take account of the relevant Conventions (ratified or not) when addressing specific national or local issues?
- Does government explicitly promote compliance with international labour standards as a way of achieving decent work?
- Does government take steps to:
- Raise awareness and understanding of international labour standards?
- Promote the ratification of relevant international labour standards?
- Strengthen the country’s capacity to implement ratified Conventions effectively?
- Follow up on observations and conclusions of ILO supervisory bodies and assist in finding solutions to problems which have been identified?
- Does your country address the possible benefits from ILS in terms of equality, stability and productivity with an impact on the country’s competitive position in the global economy?
- Are the national workers’ and employers’ organizations actively involved in the adaptation of ILO instruments into national laws and policies?