|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to email@example.com|
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- Has your country ratified the international labour standards most relevant to gender equality and non-discrimination (C100, C111, C156, C169, C183, C189), and does government apply them in practice?
- Does the national legal and policy framework address direct and indirect discrimination at all stages, including discrimination based on sex, race, ethnicity, religion, national extraction, social origin, age, political opinion, disability or HIV status, indigenous identity, sexual orientation and sexual identity?
- Are there laws and policies on equal remuneration for work of equal value between men and women, and accessible dispute resolution mechanisms?
- Does the labour inspectorate have a mandate to investigate on issues of discrimination and unequal pay?
- Does government combat discrimination at work as a specific means to overcome poverty and inequality?
- Does government regularly collect and analyse relevant statistics disaggregated by sex or by any other variable considered as a source of discrimination in the world of work?
- Does government impose directives or guidelines for mainstreaming gender and non-discrimination concerns into all activities, including in contractual agreements with counterparts at the national or local levels?
- Does government systematically conduct gender analysis to identify, monitor and evaluate the differential impact of policies, programmes and activities on women and men and to guide implementation towards achieving gender equality?
- Does government systematically analyse other factors of discrimination (based on race, ethnicity, religion, social status, disability, national origin, language, age, etc.) to assess the impact of policies, programmes and activities in combating discrimination at work?
- Has your country taken measures to protect the livelihoods, assets and dignity of indigenous peoples and ethnic minorities (where they exist)?
- Are the country’s workers’ and employers’ organizations actively involved in the promotion of gender equality and non-discrimination?