|Download the discussion guide in Excel format, fill-in and then send to firstname.lastname@example.org|
Tip: the discussion should first establish the factual basis and then consider the actual implementation of the respective policies and actions.
- Has your country ratified the ILO Minimum Age Convention, 1973 (No.138) and the Worst Forms of Child Labour Convention, 1999 (No.182) and, whether ratified or not, does it apply their provisions in practice?
- Does the national development framework directly or indirectly target the elimination of the worst forms of child labour in the country?
- Does the government ensure that its policies, programmes or activities do not negatively impact on the incidence of child labour?
- Has your country developed and adopted a national child labour policy, and does it actively support its implementation?
- Does your country implement concrete, time-bound and quantifiable programmes to eliminate the worst forms of child labour?
- Does your country have monitoring and evaluation systems that measure the incidence and gravity of child labour?
- Are the national workers’ and employers’ organizations actively involved in the elimination of child labour?
- Does the UN system and the community of development partners actively support the elimination of child labour?