The ILO’s International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC) will participate in the Solution Forum “Social Protection and Decent Work” organised by the ILO. IPEC’s stakeholders will share their experiences presenting South-South Cooperation initiatives that merge from two ongoing IPEC projects covering Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Haiti and Paraguay.
During The Expo, IPEC will organise a Side Event "Combating child labour through South-South Cooperation – IPEC’s experiences and prospects for future development” on 24 November 2010. IPEC will present its approach to South-South Cooperation and give an overview of the experiences in the different regions in several thematic areas. Furthermore, Brazil and the United States of America will share their experiences in South-South and Triangular Cooperation and will seal partnerships in new projects in this domain.
The Expo and Side Event will bring together:
- UN agencies
- International NGOs
- Donor community
- National Governments from North and South
- Key experts and academics
- ILO staff
- For IPEC’s Side Event programme please click here.
- To participate in IPEC’s Side Event, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For registration and further information on The Expo please visit The Expo website.
- Articles: “Landmark event: Signing ceremony in Brazil opens the door to wider South-South Cooperation” and “From South-South to new modes and momentum for cooperation” in IPEC News, vol. 3, November 2009, pp. 1, 8-9. Geneva, ILO, 2009.
- The Growing Role of South-South Cooperation in Combating Child Labour – IPEC good practices on South-South Cooperation (2010 edition)