A new edition of Red Card Campaign against child labour will be launched on the occasion of the Football match Switzerland vs France at the Geneva Stadium on 20 August 03, with the support of the Swiss Football Association and the French Federation of football.
Several editions of the campaign have led up to this action: Africa Cup of Nations, (2002), hundred Anniversary of the Real Madrid, December 2002, Under 20th South American Cup (2003), as well as the beginning in Rome of a series of campaigns to take place in public transport systems of European Capitals.
ILO's presence in Geneva since 1919, the inauguration of a new stadium dedicated to international matches and the will to keep the fight against child labour at the centre of international attention are the reasons which motivated the choice for ILO/IPEC to run the campaign in Geneva.
Launching of an International Appeal
20 August will also be the occasion for IPEC to launch an international appeal against child labour. Signatures will be collected at the stadium entrance.
List of Actions
- Handing out of Red Cards and fact sheets on child labour with a specific mention of child trafficking, theme of the last Global Day against child labour. The handing out is taken care of by the ILO Youth Association.
- Setting up of an information stand about IPEC and Child labour
- Launching of the International Appeal and collection of signature
- Screening of a video in the stadium before the match and during the pause. The official speaker will also give some information on the campaign.
- Entrance of the teams in the pitch along with young players of the Geneva Servette Football Club wearing the Red Card T-shirt; Photo shooting with the Red Card.
- Media Mobilisation and interviews of players and teams leaders.
- The match is broadcast by TF1 and TSR, more than 200 journalists will attend.