Chair: Maria Nazareth Farani Azevêdo, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Brazil, Chair of the Governing Body
17:00 Opening : Juan Somavia, ILO Director-General
- Raymond Torres (IILS): How to support employment and social protection while meeting medium-term budget targets?
- Bruno Coquet (Ministry of Finance, France, and Chair of the EU Employment Committee): The experience of developed countries
- Marcio Pochman (President of the Institute for Applied Economics, IPEA, Brazil): The experience of emerging countries
- Egypt: Dr. El Hamaki, Professor of Economics, Ain Shams University, Cairo and Deputy Chairman of Economic Committee of Parliament
- Germany: Dr. Ulrich Walwei, Vice-Director, IAB, Nurenberg.
- Republic of Korea: Jong-Cheol Kim, Permanent Mission
Reactions from the Social partners: Employer Representative and Michael Sommer, Chairman of German Confederation of Trade Unions (DGB)
18:30 Comments from the audience and reactions from experts and the Director of IILS
18:50 Gilles De Robien, French Government Delegate to the Governing Body: Conclusions and reflections on the implementation of the Global Jobs Pact
19:00 Close of Conference