G20 Leaders' Summit
ILO Director-General, Guy Ryder with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe (right) at the G20 Osaka Summit in Osaka
G20 Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meeting
Family picture of the 3rd G20 Sherpa meeting with ILO Deputy Director-General Deborah Greenfield
Family picture of the 2nd G20 Sherpa meeting with ILO Deputy Director-General Deborah Greenfield
Family picture of the 1st G20 Sherpa meeting with ILO Deputy Director-General Deborah Greenfield
- adapting to demographic change;
- promoting gender equality in labour markets; and
- exchanging national policies and practices in response to the new forms of work
ILO's contributions to the G20 2019
- G20 Osaka Leaders’ Declaration
- The ILO Director-General's Statement: No social justice without decent work
- G20 Labour and Employment Ministers’ Declaration "Shaping a Human-Centered Future of Work"
- The ILO Director-General's Statements:
Working Groups (inputs contributed by the ILO)
- Employment Working Group (EWG)
- Recent Employment Trends [presentation]
- Supporting longer working lives: Multistage approaches for decent and productive work [full paper| presentation]
- New job opportunities in an ageing society (ILO&OECD) [full paper| presentation]
- Women at Work in G20 countries: Progress and policy action since 2018 (ILO&OECD) [full paper| executive summary| presentation]
- Gender equality in the G20 – Additional analysis from the time dimension (ILO&OECD) [full paper| executive summary| presentation]
- Policy responses to new forms of work: International governance of digital labour platforms [full paper| presentation]
- Framework Working Group (FWG)
17 July 2013
Statistical update for the Meeting of G20 Labour and Employment Ministers Moscow, 18–19 July 2013. Prepared by the ILO and the OECD.
Addressing employment, labour market and social protection challenges in G20 countries: Key measures since 2010
17 July 2013
The report provides an overview of policies and measures applied, or significantly modified, by G20 countries from 2010 up to early 2013 in seven areas: job creation, labour market policies, social protection, skills development, quality employment, youth employment and women’s economic participation. Prepared by the ILO and OECD for the Meeting of G20 Labour and Employment Ministers Moscow, 18–19 July 2013.
04 December 2012
This paper is one of more than twelve research papers to be prepared under an ILO interdepartmental research project, "Working conditions, Safety and Health, Skills and Productivity in SMEs".
03 October 2012
This note reviews the latest available data on youth employment in G20 countries. It then makes a number of suggestions as to issues the G20 Task Force on Employment might usefully address.
16 May 2012
Statistical update prepared by the ILO and the OECD for the Meeting of G20 Labour and Employment Ministers Guadalajara, 17–18 May 2012.
Employment and labour market adjustments in G20 Countries during 2007-09 and outlook for 2010: A statistical overview
19 April 2010
This document provides a statistical overview across all G20 Countries, highlighting their employment and labour market trends and prospects.
19 April 2010
This report reviews labour market developments in the G20 countries during the global economic crisis and the initial phase of the recovery and examines the early lessons from a range of policy measures taken by them in response to the crisis. It is based on a detailed review of the employment and social protection policies that were applied. It also draws on a series of G20 country briefs Iwhich focus on crisis response measures that may be of interest to G20 ministers as they seek to build on each other’s experiences to shape a job-rich recovery.